The Next Big Cannabis Venture contest, hosted by Kush Bottles, is seeking a product, invention, idea or service that can be marketed to the cannabis industry nationwide. Business owners and individuals that think they have what it takes to revolutionize the industry are encouraged to apply.
Video submissions will be accepted beginning May 20, 2016.
Submissions are no longer being accepted.
Official Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES OF THE NEXT BIG CANNABIS VENTURE.COM CONTEST
1.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN: No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary in order to enter or possibly win. Any purchase will not increase the chances of winning. The Contest (as defined below), and any web site pages and advertisements of any nature relating thereto, are intended for viewing and open to participation only within the 50 states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia (“Jurisdiction”). THIS CONTEST IS SET UP AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION. The Contest will be governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws and it is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR: “The Next Big Cannabis Venture.com” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Kush Bottles, Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
3. DISCRETION OF SPONSOR TO SELECT A WINNER: Sponsor has complete and sole discretion to decide that (i) no entrant in the Contests merits being a winner and, thus, not award the prize to anyone, or (ii) one entrant is the winner and award the prize to the winner (“Winner”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to entrants who (i) sign up at the online Contest site at www.thenextbigcannabisventure.com (“Contest Site”); (ii) enter the Contest in accordance with these official rules (“Rules”); and (iii) if an individual, is a permanent, legal resident of the United States of America and at least twenty-one (21) years of age or if an entity, is operating within compliance of federal, state and local laws, (“Contestant”). Employees or shareholders of the Sponsor or entrant and their respective parent companies, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, contractors, suppliers, wholesalers and retailers, and the families and immediate family and/or household members (including, but not limited to, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, step-brothers, step-sisters and in-laws) are not eligible. The Contestant must fulfill all Contest requirements as specified to be potentially eligible to win the prize. The limit is one entry per eligible person or company. The one entry per person/company maximum will be strictly enforced. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Contestant from an email address, upon proof provided, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. If satisfactory proof is not provided, both entries will be void and ineligible. The Contestant will be considered to have violated the one entry only rule by (i) using multiple email or IP addresses, computers, identities, or devices; (ii) the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means or attempts to circumvent the Rules in any way. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these Rules will be void and ineligible. Sponsor may prohibit a person or company from participating in the Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said person or company is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives, or if person or company has or had attempted to submit malicious code, .exe files, or any file that contains malicious code. Entries that are incomplete, altered or illegible or do not adhere to the Rules will not be considered by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to (i) monitor, retain, and/or disclose the entries as necessary information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, and (ii) audit all entries to ensure that the terms and conditions of the Contest have been met and to request additional information regarding any and all entries and supporting material.
5. AGREEMENT TO RULES: Each Contestant by the act of sending in an entry agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules. In addition, Contestant agrees to accept the decisions of Sponsor on any matter pertaining to the Contest, which are final and binding in all matters related to or affecting the Contest or the interpretation of the Rules.
6. HOW AND WHEN TO ENTER: Entry must be made by the Contestant using the online form only at the authorized Contest Site (“Form”). Any other method of entry will be declared void and as such deemed ineligible for this Contest. The initial entry (“Initial Submittal”) must include the Form and a video no longer than ninety (90) seconds in length (“Video”). The Initial Submittal must be submitted online between May 20, 2016 at 12.01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and June 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Initial Submittal Period”). Thereafter, Sponsor will select 3-8 finalists (“Finalists”) who will be scheduled between July 20, 2016 and August 20, 2016 to give separate presentations to Sponsor by video conference (“Second Submittal”).
7. FINALISTS’ SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Finalists will be selected according to scoring of the Initial Submittal by Sponsor based on the criteria of credentials and experience (10%), creativity (20%), originality (20%), feasibility (20%), and marketability (30%). The Finalists will be announced on July 20, 2016 by notification via e-mail at Finalists’ e-mail address used to enter the Contest.
8. WINNER’S SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will evaluate and score the Second Submittal by the Finalists based on the criteria of presentation skills (30%), a powerpoint pitch (30%), and a three (3) year financial pro forma statement (40%) (“Second Submittal”). If Sponsor deems in its sole discretion that the Finalist with the highest score merits selection as the Winner, the Winner will be announced on September 1, 2016 at the Winner’s e-mail address used to enter the Contest. If the Winner does not reply by e-mail by 5:00 p.m. ET on the third business day commencing after July 20, 2016, such winner may be disqualified and the prize forfeited as to that Winner. In that event, Sponsor may select, in its sole discretion, the Finalist with the second highest score as the alternate Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, other security settings, Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s control.
9. THE PRIZE (“Prize”): If there is a Winner of the Contest and the Winner is (i) an individual, the prize will be either (i) employment with Sponsor with a stock-option plan not to exceed $100,000 in stock-options if mutually negotiated and to be earned with a 4 year vesting schedule, or (ii) a $10,000 stock grant in Sponsor. If the Winner is a company, the Prize will be either (i) a stock grant not to exceed $500,000 in value for ownership of the company and its assets if mutually negotiated, or, (ii) a $10,000 stock grant in Sponsor. The Prize is non-transferable. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
10. ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the quality of the Submittal.
11. CLAIMING PRIZE: Except where prohibited by law, the Winner may be requested by Sponsor within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s email request to provide verification satisfactory to Sponsor and may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability and Publicity Release Form(s), and an IRS form W-9. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification of the Winner and forfeiture of the Prize. In that event, the Sponsor may at its sole discretion select as an alternate Winner the Contestant with the second highest score, but Sponsor need not do so. If any Contest-winning notifications are returned as undeliverable, or if any Winner refuses the Prize, or any portion thereof, such Winner will be disqualified and the Contestant with the second highest score may be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion as an alternate Winner but Sponsor need not do so. In the event of an alternate Winner, such alternate Winner must timely comply or also suffer disqualification and forfeiture as specified herein. Receipt by Winner of the Prize is conditioned upon Winner’s compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
12. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, and notwithstanding any other provision in these Rules, by accepting the Prize, Winner understands and agrees that (i) Winner relinquishes all rights, title and interest in Winner’s First and Second Submittals which become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and anyone acting on its behalf, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns; and (ii) acceptance of the Prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, licensees , successors and assigns (“Affiliates”), to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity throughout the Jurisdiction, without limitation, Winner’s name, picture in whatever form, voice, likeness, images, statements, quotes and testimonials about the Contest, biological information and any other materials or information provided by Winner as part of the Contest for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any compensation, notice, review or consent.
13. DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE: ANY VIOLATION OF THE RULES BY WINNER, AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, MAY RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND IN THAT EVENT, ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER AND THE PRIZE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FORFEITED, CANCELLED AND TERMINATED. In this event, Winner will fully cooperate with Sponsor in returning the Prize to Sponsor which shall include returning the parties to their respective positions and interests held before any actions taken pursuant to the award of the Prize, except that Winner’s Submittals will remain the exclusive property of the Sponsor and anyone acting on its behalf, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns.
14. MODIFICATION OF RULES AND CANCELLATION OF CONTEST: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to (i) modify these Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest; (ii) void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof except where prohibited by law, should computer virus, bugs, tampering, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt, affect or impair, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest or, also at its sole discretion, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, select the Winner based on the highest score of eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension.
15. DISCLAIMERS, Representations, WAIVERS and Warranties: Sponsor and its Affiliates shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to Contestant any material submitted by Contestant or generated by Sponsor during the course of the Contest. By entering the Contest, in additions to the other representations and agreements by Contestant elsewhere herein, Sponsor, its Affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, agents, distributors, retailers, contractors, successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors, and their estate and/or family members (“Releasees”) are not responsible for (i) any misprints, typographical, or other errors in the printing of the Rules for the Contest, administration of the Contest, the processing of the entries or in the announcement of the Finalists or Winner; (ii) technical failures of any kind; (iii) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entry; and (v) fraudulent calls/mail/e-mails made/sent to entrants not by Sponsor. By accepting the Prize, or any portion thereof, WINNER FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SPONSOR AND ANY OTHER PERSON/ENTITY INVOLVED WITH THIS CONTEST HAS NEITHER MADE, NOR ARE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE OR TO ANY PORTION OF IT, OR EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE WHICH IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AS TO BOTH, THEIR QUALITY, VALUE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO A CONTESTANT. Contestant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any information obtained by it from Contestant. Contestant represents and agrees to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Rules. In submitting any and all material to Sponsor, including the Submittals, Contestant hereby represents and warrants that materials are original works of authorship and do not and shall not infringe upon or violate any third party’s privacy, proprietary or intellectual property rights, including, but not limited any patent, copyright, trademark, or publicity of any person or company, or any other right of any third party and that Contestant has the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Sponsor herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under patent and/or copyright-free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
16. INDEMNIFICATION: In the event any of the Releasees have a claim or suit raised against any of them based on Contestant’s participation in this Contest, Contestant shall defend, indemnify and hold all Releasees harmless on any from all claims, suits, actions, losses, liability and damages of every kind, nature, description, including but not limited to, attorneys’ fees, directly or indirectly arising out of, connected with or resulting from this Contest. The provisions of this indemnity shall apply whether or not any of the Releasees’s negligence, actively or passively, contributed in any way towards the alleged claim, loss, demand, damage, cost and expense and shall not be limited except to the extent that it will not apply to claims caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of any Releasee.
17. LIMITATIONS ON LIABIITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE RELEASEES AS DEFINED ABOVE, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF CONTESTANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE. By entering the Contest, Contestant agrees to release and hold harmless all Releasees from any liability, illness, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, that may occur directly or indirectly, whether caused by active or passive negligence or not on Sponsor’s part, from (i) such Contestant’s participation in the Contest and Contestant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; (ii) Contestant’s access to and use of the Website or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Website; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmission, telephone (including cell phone) or internet service; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; and (vi) any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor (including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of war or terrorism, or any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity) (each an “Event of Force Majeure”). If for any reason (including, but not limited to, an Event of Force Majeure) Sponsor cannot continue the Contest, then the Contest will not resume until Sponsor resumes normal business, if ever, and only then at its sole discretion. In the event that this Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal, state or local governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, as applicable, or to disqualify a Contestant residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Contestant who is disqualified due to such an action nor to any Winner for forfeiture of the Prize. Further, in any dispute, under no circumstances shall Contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby WAIVES all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred in any judicial proceeding, other than Contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the Contest. Contestant further WAIVES all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Nothing in these Rules shall restrict a Contestant’s rights as a consumer should that be determined to be Contestant’s status.
18. MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in the Contest, Contestant agrees that any and all disputes arising out of or connected to this Contest that cannot be resolved between the parties and claims or causes of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with its Commercial or Consumer Arbitration Rules (“AAA Rules”), whichever applies, and the Expedited Procedures contained therein if applicable, both of which will be presented to Contestant upon written request and which can be viewed at www.adr.org. Judgment of the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Arbitration shall be initiated by filing a demand with AAA and any payment required by AAA Rules with notice thereof given to the other party. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve the dispute. The proceedings before the AAA shall include the following: (i) If not heard by telephonic means according to the parties’ mutual consent, THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE HELD IN THE CITY OF SANTA ANA, CALIFORNIA. In any arbitration or judicial proceeding, THE DISPUTE SHALL BE GOVERNED AND ADJUDICATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES and unless otherwise preempted by the Federal Arbitration Act. (ii) The arbitrator may grant any remedy or relief that the arbitrator deems just and equitable and within the scope and limitations of the applicable law and the Rules of the Contest, including those Rules related to the amount of damages in Paragraph 16; (iii) The administrative costs, and attorneys’ fees arising out of the arbitration only, necessarily required in the adjudication of the dispute shall be borne according to the AAA Rules; otherwise by the losing party or shall be borne in such proportions as the arbitrator may determine.
19. ADVISORY: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, SUBMIT MALICIOUS CODE, .EXE FILES, OR ANY FILE THAT CONTAINS MALICIOUS CODE, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOTIFY APLLICABLE LAW ENFORCEMENT AND SEEK ALL REMEDIES AND LEGAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
21. RULES/WINNERS LISTS. For a hard copy of the Rules or Winner’s name, mail the request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope after July 1,2016, to Kush Bottles, Inc. Requests must be received no later than September 31, 2016.